The iMessage is an instant messaging service. Developed by Apple, the service allows the user to send unlimited text and multimedia messages. But using iMessage could be a problem if you use the same ID on different Mac devices. In such a case, you should know how to logout of iMessage on Mac. This will help you resolve the problems you are facing due to iMessage on Mac.
How to Logout of iMessage on Mac
People buy new devices and forget to log out of their accounts. Now, if they sell the old device to someone, this could create a problem. Both the devices use the same Apple ID. If the new device receives a message, it will be sent to the old device too. Thus, your private information will be revealed to someone else. So it’s very important to log out of your account.
See More: Duolingo Apk
How do I Turn Off iMessage on my Mac?
It is not necessary that you sign out of iMessage on Mac. You can even stop the service by using the following steps:
- First, you will have to tap on “Command” and “Space” keys together.
- On the spotlight search field, type “Messages”.
- The top list will display the application. Tap on “Messages” to open it.
- Open the preferences window, from the “Messages” menu.
- Next to the General tab will appear the “Accounts” tab. You will have to open the tab to view the accounts on the device.
- From the left frame, select the iMessage account.
- Now, the “Enable this account” option will be checked. You will have to uncheck this box to disable the service.
- When you will click on ok the changes will be saved.
How to Turn Off iMessage on MacBook Air
Another way on How to logout of iMessage on Mac is given:
- Messages app is used for sending iMessages on iOS devices. Look for the Messages app on the desktop and open it.
- Once the “Messages” window opens, click on “Messages” menu.
- From the sub-menus that appear in the drop-down, select “Preferences”.
- Tap on “Accounts” tab to view your iMessage account.
- On the left-pane, a list of accounts will appear.
- Click on your iMessage account. Use the sign out button to log out of the account.
Also, check: How to Fix Windows 10 Not Responding Problem
How to Sign Out of iMessage on Mac
There are chances that the Mac and iPhone device have the same ID registered. In such a case, it’s necessary to turn off the iPhone’s iMessage service. You can use the iMessage service on Mac smoothly.
- For turning off the service, you need to change the settings of your phone. Your iPhone has a separate application for accessing the settings. Look for the app by going through different screens. If you are unable to find it, use the spotlight search. This is another interesting feature of iOS devices. You can search anything on your device using it.
- Scroll down to find the “Messages” app settings. Expand the “Messages” option.
- On the top, you will find the slider for iMessage. Tap on the slider to turn the iMessage service off. The slider turns from green to white in color when turned off.