Does your system stops responding while you are working? Do you have to wait for a long time to start using the system again? When you are doing some important work, this can be really annoying. But there are certain ways by which you can resolve these issues. If you see the Windows 10 not responding errors use the steps given in the article.
Windows 10 Not Responding
This type of error actually means that the program is interacting slowly than usual. This leads to major problems that affect its response rate. The cause of this type of problem may be one of the following:
- Sometimes the programs do not start or run properly. The main reason behind this type of problem is lack of resources.
- When you surf the internet, malicious programs may enter your system. These type of programs damage your system.
- Conflicts may occur between software.
- You might have installed incompatible software on the system.
- Corruption in the register or file entries of the program.
See More: How to Convert PDF to JPG
Windows 10 Stops Responding
Sometimes Overextended resources cause such problems. Suppose you have many programs open on your system. These programs would compete for the system resources. This could lead to the responding issues. Thus, you should open less software on your system. Use the task manager for closing these background processes.
- First, you need to open the task manager. Tap on the “CTRL”, “ALT”, and “Delete” keys together.
- Now, select a background process
- Right-click on a process. Tap on “End task”. This would stop the processing of that software.
Windows 10 Not Responding After Startup
Another way of resolving this issue is through windows update. When you update windows new and features are added to your system. This also involves troubleshooting the problems.
- First, tap on start and type in “Services” in the search box. A list of system services will appear on the screen.
- The list is in alphabetical order. Look for “Windows update” by scrolling down. Tap on the option to open its window.
- Select “Automatic” option on the startup menu.
- Now, click on apply button. Click on ok to confirm the setting.
Also, check: Nomao Camera App
Windows 10 Not Responding After Update
There might be some form of invalid or missing values in the registry. This also leads to responding errors. If the above solution doesn’t work, you can try the given method:
- You will need utility software. You can use “CCleaner” for the same.
- Save the CCleaner software on your system. Now, open the software on Windows 10.
- Tap on the “Registry” tab that appears in the left pane.
- On the right pane list of files with the checkbox will appear. Check all the boxes for a thorough scan.
- Tap on “Scan for issues” button. The application would start the scan.
- For backup, you can click on “Fix selected issues”. Now, press the “Yes” button.
Windows 10 Does Not Respond
Windows 10 not responding error might be due to a specific program. This might occur because the software doesn’t have new updates. In such a case, try to reinstall the program. For this, you need to open the programs and features window. Select and uninstall the software program. Now, search and reinstall the software.